So now that summer is here and we are spending a lot of our time in the sun and in the pool, we need to remember to protect ourselves. The sun can be very harsh to our skin and our hair. These are just some of my summer essentials.
1. Sun Block – For obvious reasons. A. I am not a fan of skin cancer and will do everything possible to avoid developing it. B. I do not want to walk around looking like Sebastian the crab & C. This is the only skin you will have for the rest of your life so protect it. I have always relied on Nivea Sun Protection products to get the job done.
2. Sunglasses – This might seem a little dramatic but I don’t want to suffer from impaired vision. A good pair of sunnies can protect your eyes from the harmful UV Rays. As much as my sunnies are a fashion accessory they also help protect my eyes. These bad boys are from cotton on. I think I have about a million pairs of sunnies, I just can’t get enough.
3. Hair Mask – Some of you may not know this but your hair can get as damaged by the sun as your skin can. Swimming in pools with all those chemicals and the added blast of the sun can really drain your hair of all its moisture. I try keep my hair hydrated by giving it a treatment once or twice a week. I am a total believer of coconut oil as it is an all natural treatment but lately I have been using this Argan Oil Hydrating Mask and it works wonders.
4. Scrubs & Body Lotions – To avoid looking like a dried up prune this summer it’s important to exfoliate and moisturize. Hanging out in an air-conditioned room or chilling in the pool can dry out your skin badly. By exfoliating your skin, you are getting rid of dead skin cells that sit on the top layer of your skin. Keeping your skin looking healthy should be one of your top priorities. After exfoliating, use a good body butter to give your skin that extra hydrating boost. I absolutely love the Wild Aragn Oil Body Butter & Scrub from The Body Shop. Not only does it smell ah-mazing but it keeps my skin smooth and supple.
5. BB Cream – This may not be a life or death essential but it just had to be mentioned. I have taken a step back from wearing heavy makeup all the time and am loving BB Creams. Most of them have an SPF in them which is a complete bonus as your face gets some protection from the sun. There is nothing worse in summer than feeling like your face is melting because you have caked it with makeup. BB Creams are light weight and give you that little bit of coverage. My first and only BB love so far is the Sorbet BB Cream. LOOOOOOVVEEE IT!
6. Lips – This spot is constantly over looked when it comes to protection. My lips tend to get dry very quickly whether it be summer or winter. I always try my utmost best to keep them moisturized, tenfold in summer because of the sun. Remember to apply a bit of sun block to your lips when being out and about, crows feet is really not attractive look. On top of the sun block keep your lips nice and moisturized by using lip balms. My current faves are Maybelline’s Baby Lips & Lip Ice Bubble Gum & Strawberry Sorbet.
What are some of your summer essentials? I’d love for you to share.
Stay fabulous & protected!
Leave a Comment